The Renew Mind Fasting Day 4 Restoring a
The Renew Mind
Fasting Day 4
Restoring a Positive Self Image
This morning we are going to seek the Lord’s help with an area that has the potential to shape our character, behaviour and the way we view our overall lives in general, namely that of a poor self-image.
A poor self-image can highjack potential, steal creativity, devalue our relationships and hinder our personal success opportunities if not reset and changed by the power of the risen Christ.
Self-image is defined as the personal view or mental picture that we have of ourselves. It is an “internal dictionary” that describes the characteristics of the mind including such things as intelligent, beautiful, ugly, talented, selfish, and kind. These characteristics form a collective representation of our assets, strengths and weaknesses as we see them.
Our self-image is a product of learning. Early childhood influences such as parents and caregivers, have a major influence on our self-image. They are mirrors reflecting back to us an image of ourselves. Our experiences with others such as teachers, friends and family add to the image in that mirror.
The image we see in the mirror may be a real or distorted view of who we really are. Based on this view, we develop either a positive or a negative self-image. The strengths and weaknesses we have adopted affect how we act today.
With a negative self-image, we focus on our faults and weaknesses, distorting failure and imperfections.
Self-image is important because how we think about ourselves affects how we feel about ourselves and how we interact with others and the world around us. A positive self-image can boost our physical, mental, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
Prayer Declarations to help Restore a Positive Self Image
You shall not make idols for yourselves or erect an image or pillar, and you shall not set up a figured stone in your land to bow down to it, for I am the Lord your God. (Lev. 26:1)
- I proclaim this day that my mind is a being renewed daily. I cast out the false images embedded in my soul, placed there by parents, teachers, social expectations, the media, advertising strategies, marketing campaigns, retail and cosmetic companies and the corporate world system of what success and wellbeing is all about. I tear them down and remove every mental high place right now in Jesus’ name!
Beware lest you act corruptly by making a carved image for yourselves, in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female. (Deut. 4:16)
- I refuse to make an idol out of any man or woman that has been projected by society to represent that which is beautiful, trendy, or fashionable and presents a false, impossible to achieve appearance that make me feel inadequate and insecure.
I declare today that in God’s eyes I am good enough and so precious that He sent His only Son to die for me. The core image that I will look up to as a positive role model from this day forth is the image of God in Christ Jesus.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. (Gen. 1:27)
- I am created in the very image of the eternal God, who is beautiful beyond description. I am intelligent, wise, beautiful, creative, confident, courageous, gifted, positive, ambitious, prosperous and fearfully made. I do not have to copy or compare myself with anyone or anything else, for all that I need to reach my maximum God potential is already inherent within my innermost being.
- As nothing in this world can compare with my Father, no one or nothing can be in competition or comparison to me either.
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. (Col. 1:15)
Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high. (Heb. 1:3)
- From this hour, I profess that I am walking in the perfect self-confidence of Christ. I express the nature, character and power of God in all of my daily experiences and challenges. There is no mountain that I cannot climb, no valley that I cannot descend and no stormy sea that I cannot navigate. I am not a grasshopper in thought but a giant and champion of grace in mind.
I am a warrior; I am a conqueror and an overcomer in the name of the Lord!
(Thursday) 6:00 am - 4:00 pm